Diabetes Education Allied Health
Credentialed Diabetes Educators help people with diabetes to understand the risks and benefits of lifestyle choices and treatment options. They work with other members of the healthcare team to achieve clinical targets, and improve the health and well being of patients with diabetes. At Lalor Family Practice we offer diabetes testing and check ups with any of our doctors. Patients also have access to a podiatrist who is experienced in treating diabetics.
Diabetes Educators help to explain.
- What diabetes is.
- Pre-diabetes - Early warning signs and symptoms.
- Gestational diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- Type 1 diabetes
- Diabetes management - How diabetes can affect your health.
- Strategies to self-manage diabetes and health.
- Monitor blood sugar levels.
- Using medication, including insulin.
- How to plan for good mental and physical health.
- Ambulatory insulin initiation and stabilisation techniques.
To make an appointment with our Diabetes Educator or for diabetes testing or health checks, contact us.
« Go Back