Women's, Men's and Children's Health
The focus of Lalor Family Practice is patient care and our doctors provide comprehensive and ongoing health care for all members of your family. From time to time our clinic may contact you regarding health promotional activities that may be of benefit to your family. We understand that in some circumstances you will require multiple appointments for children and/or parents at the same time. Please ensure that you discuss this with the receptionist so appropriate appointment times can be made.
Key Family Health Areas
Lalor Family Practice provides the following comprehensive family medicine.
- Men's Health - Men have specific health issues which can vary with different stages of life. Consultations are conducted in a confidential and private consulting room and may cover health screening, ECG, 24 hour holter monitoring, prostate checks, blood screening, blood pressure checks, cholesterol and sexual health checks.
- Women's Health - We are dedicated to managing the health issues of women of all ages, thoroughly in a comfortable confidential setting. Consultations may cover family planning, contraceptive advice, pregnancy care, fertility advice and health screening, including pap smears, breast examinations & sexual health screening.
- Infants and children - Antenatal, immunisations, 4 year old health checks and asthma management are key areas of Paediatrics.
- Immunisations & Vaccinations - We provide an immunisation service that includes childhood, seasonal (flu) and employment vaccinations (hepatitis B, tetanus, etc). Our clinic complies with Australian Standards, and is fully accredited for the storage of immunisations and vaccinations.
- Vaccinations and Travel Vaccines - Are now available free for eligible patients (Medicare Card Holders and high risk individuals).
- Mental Health - We provide advice for any mental health care assessments and plans. Please book a longer consultation to allow time for the doctor to make a thorough assessment and to answer all your questions.
- Diabetes Education - Our doctors provide education in diabetes prevention, diagnosis and advice in the management of diabetes.
Health Checks and Testing
At Lalor Family Practice, our experienced and friendly team of doctors, nurses and Allied Health professionals recognise that regular health checks and vaccination are essential to preventative care, especially when changes or symptoms occur in your body. We provide additional testing when needed as well as referring you to appropriate healthcare professionals and specialists, such as dentists, radiologists, dieticians, podiatrists, osteopaths and physiotherapists. You may be able to access some of these services through our Allied Health services from the same convenient location or one that is close to your home.
Key checks and testing
Lalor Family Practice provides the following comprehensive medical checks and testing for a range of conditions.
- Skin cancer screening, diagnosis and testing.
- Cardiac diagnostic services - ECG, echo, stress echo and 24 hour holter monitoring.
- Men's health checks.
- Women's health checks.
- Mental health assessments and care plans.
- Pre-employment medical checks.
- Insurance & driving medical checks.
- Cholesterol & blood pressure monitoring.
- Pregnancy testing.
- Diabetes Type 1 and 2 testing and care plans.
- Asthma management.
« Go Back